| Sunday, February 19, 2006 |
| Coming on 6 Months... |
Well.
I've just realized that in 8 days it's going to be 6 months since I've begun this blog... and by and large, I've not done well in comparison with all the witty and clever blogs (I won't mention the numbers of porn, real estate, vacation and dating ads that my amazed eyes goggled at. Oops, too late!) I've been seeing the past 2 days. It's enough to make a person re-evaluate one's life... or blog.
I haven't an artistic bent, so I don't write, draw, sing, dance, photograph or play an instrument. (The universe, in undoubted relief, pauses in creation of another black hole.)
I'm technologically challenged, can't fix cars, shoot a gun, ride a horse, climb walls, ski or rollerblade. (Athletes, mechanics and pedestrians everywhere relax.)
My job isn't adventurous (unless you count the tons of red ink I spill over everything, the panic that ensues when said sea of red is seen and the long-suffering sighs, rolling of eyes and anger when I insist such edits are necessary), my soul is pedantic as a block of wood (not quite mouldy but certainly a bit moth-eaten) and I'm not a stick figure (although stick-in-the-mud could apply).
There's no husband, sweetheart, lover or ex-boyfriend to brag, rant, coo, drool or rave about (sorry, no smut here for you!), so that, too, is out of hot topics loop.
In fact, my life is rather stolid (crazed work pace notwithstanding) and the noggin isn't anything spectacular, so there's not much intellectually challenging or world-shattering here. The most I can boast of, really, is that I went sky-diving once in my youth and would love to do it again someday. (Avians in the atmosphere cringe.) I've also scuba-dived, but again, not in a few years. (Aquatic creatures frolic in joy.)
So I've been in the clouds and the waters, but have yet to find my place on earth. What, do you suppose, that means?
Lest you think this is going to meander off into a dreadfully negativistic post and spiral on into a morass of self-pity, let me reassure you.
I am not about to smother myself in chocolates (drat!), drown myself in liquor (ew!), smoke some noxious auto exhaust (foiled!) or step into the path of a homocidal tricycling child (ouch!). Sorry to disappoint you.
Any suggestions on how to, ahem, spice things up? No sex with Paris Hilton, please (my apologies, Seb). |
posted by Cheshire Cat @ 2/19/2006 11:10:00 am   |
|
| 2 teabag(s) brewed: |
-
Well for a start you can focus on what you are good at. For a girl (yes, I said girl - 38 is nothing, try 39 !) who quotes Sara Ban Breathnach on her site, you are mighty tough on yourself. What do you LURVE doing ?
-
Goodness, mummified, are you actually going to force me to think?! ;-)
Thank you for your kind words. :-D And, yes, 38 is indeed young in the overall scheme of things, but I feel I've achieved very little thus far.
I lurve quite a few things, simple things really; alas, in this cold, cruel and callous capitalist world (or my section of it), I'm not allowed to wallow in peace to enjoy them without suffering very rude economic awakenings. :-O
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
Well for a start you can focus on what you are good at. For a girl (yes, I said girl - 38 is nothing, try 39 !) who quotes Sara Ban Breathnach on her site, you are mighty tough on yourself.
What do you LURVE doing ?