Tea and Books, etc.

Where inanity and insanity are separated by a mere letter. NEXT BLOG

Food for Thought


WARNING: Contents under pressure. DO NOT OPEN IN AN INTELLECTUAL VACUUM. ~ A rubber stamp


In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of. ~Confucius


"The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do." ~Sarah Ban Breathnach


"I would not exchange the laughter of my heart for the fortunes of the multitudes." ~Khalil Gibran


"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi


"How can we say there is peace when so many go hungry?" ~Oscar Arias Sanchez


"Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." ~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson


"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infans. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living. ~Omar N Bradley


"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it." ~Margaret Fuller

Free Charities (Please click every day)
Fave Charities
Daily Must-Reads
Other Links
Subscribe
Site Meter
Other
    Aloha
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Back Off! This Is My Stall....
When did it become de rigueur to barge into, or attempt to rush into, a public toilet or stall without first ascertaining its availability? No knocking, no query -- simply a hard twist of the knob or pull of a handle.

Think about this.

There you are, going about your business, and suddenly there's a yank on your door. Do you cringe like I do, in fear that you'll be exposed, in a most humiliating manner, to a stranger's gaze -- or worse, a roomful of strangers? Do you then feel rage and wish for a trapdoor to open beneath the rudesby, dropping him/her into a cesspool set aside especially for such uncivilized people?

I think all such transgressors should be forced nude in the public... on the other hand, they'd probably enjoy it. :-P
posted by Cheshire Cat @ 2/28/2006 05:14:00 pm  
15 teabag(s) brewed:
  • At 28 February, 2006 18:25, Blogger Fuff said…

    I've never found any Americans on my doors! ;)

     
  • At 28 February, 2006 18:37, Blogger Cheshire Cat said…

    Ah! You have no idea how fortunate you are then, Fuff! :-)

    But I'm not bitter, oh no! I quite enjoy living in abject fear every time I visit the loo! :-/

     
  • At 28 February, 2006 20:41, Blogger Overboard said…

    This is why boat life rocks. You can pooh in the water -as is - and nobody is the wiser.
    Unless they are snorkling.

    Oh noooooooooooo! Word verification. Lose it. Lose it now. It's sooo Malvolio.

     
  • At 28 February, 2006 20:52, Blogger AtriaBooks said…

    "Poo in the Water"

    I think if I had a band, I'd name it "Poo in the Water"

     
  • At 28 February, 2006 21:51, Blogger KateOnTheGo said…

    Hmmm... Poo in the Water. Sounds like an old english village - like Haye-on-the-Wye or Stratford-Upon-Avon...

    *shrug*

     
  • At 01 March, 2006 00:51, Blogger Cheshire Cat said…

    Oh, yuck, archidi (what shall I call you? archidi, owenwilson, maria?)!

    Poo in the water? Blech, been there, done that, and never wish to experience it again! :-P

    And don't forget the poor fishies and mammals and crustaceans, etc, in the poo'd and pee'd waters. ;-)

    Sorry to disappoint. Like Malvolio, I'm of a surly bent, though not near as cadaverous, and have delusions of grandeur. :-O

    The word verification is a small stab at keeping a barrier between me and a poster who might be up to no good. It's not great, but I wager no one visiting my blog with evil intent will bother to key in those perplexing letter combinations. :-)

    Doc, I think you should start a band with that name right away! I'd even listen. ;-)

    Kate, I think you have a point, although I hesitate to think how such a village might smell and whether it wouldn't just disappear entirely after visitors steadily declined through the years because of its name and earning a living became near nonexistent...

     
  • At 01 March, 2006 02:18, Blogger Mummified said…

    Buddy, this is one of the reasons I am thankful that I am a chick not a chap.
    Have you tried carrying a taser gun to stun them into submission ? Just a thought.

     
  • At 01 March, 2006 02:29, Blogger Cheshire Cat said…

    Hi, mummified! You're back! Did SC wear you down with his requests for more posts? ;-)

    As for tasering... ah, if only! You know a place I can get them cheap and on the sly? ;-D I assure you I'd enjoy shocking those rude people!

    As for being the chap bit, sorry, I'm a chick, too. Well, an aged chick, lol. :-D

     
  • At 01 March, 2006 09:11, Blogger Suz said…

    How ruuude! Out here in the relative oblivion of the U.S. Mountain Time Zone - somewhat sparsely occupied by humans, more so by prairie dogs, wabbits, raptors, and right wingnuts - I haven't experienced that. Yet. If it's a trend it will eventually get here too.

    I wonder if some of those attempted incursions were foiled attempts to steal your bag. By someone not tall enough to just reach over the door and grab at the handle of anything hanging on the door hook.

    What a nasty suspicious b***h I am this morning.

     
  • At 02 March, 2006 01:05, Blogger Cheshire Cat said…

    Lol, Suz. :-)

    I don't think these attempted incursions were an attempt to steal my bag. For one, I carry a knapsack and it's always kept well away from roaming fingers. For another, many of these attempts on my door have been in restrooms that are either just the room (1 stall, sink, locked door), or the doors to the stalls reach from floor to near ceiling or all the way up. Basically, you can't tell anyone is inside, but then that's the whole point of knocking, isn't?

    Grrr! ;-)

     
  • At 02 March, 2006 04:48, Blogger Overboard said…

    Hooray!
    No more WV.
    Feel the freedom.
    Unfettered commenting is a rarity today.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.

     
  • At 02 March, 2006 05:51, Blogger Fuff said…

    LOL. Comment moderation and verification are a drag but you'll be to blame when the spam arrives..

     
  • At 02 March, 2006 10:58, Blogger Cheshire Cat said…

    Thank you, Fuff and OW!

    I can feel the surge of mass spammers arriving any moment now... or not. ;-)

     
  • At 03 March, 2006 01:50, Blogger Mummified said…

    Bless you tea and books for your kind words. Sorry about the gender confusion. My mistake. Will add more words to mummified soon

     
  • At 03 March, 2006 02:08, Blogger Cheshire Cat said…

    Hooray, mummified! I will keep checking for new posts! :-D

    And no worries on the gender confusion; very hard to tell on a medium such as this. :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Occupation
    Frightening other bloggers.
My More Lurid Blog
Clustermaps
    Locations of visitors to this page
Weather Pixie
    The WeatherPixie
Moon Phase
    CURRENT MOON
    lunar phases
Informational Posts
Previous Posts
Archives
Internal Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER