| Saturday, March 18, 2006 |
| Pondering Toilets |
Why is it that the women's room is nearly almost always farther than the men's room? Or that you have to pass the men's before you get to the women's?
Why don't the women's have more stalls?
Why is it all right for women to use the men's room in an emergency but not vice-versa?
Why is there never enough soap or paper towels?
Why does toilet paper litter public restrooms?
Why do restaurant restrooms and kitchens run adjacent to each other (aside from the laying of pipes)?
Why don't people wash their hands after using the facilities? Then go and eat finger foods?
Why must women hog the sink areas by applying what seems like a suitcase of cosmetics?
Addendum (courtesy of Amy, who has 2 blogs):
Why does it always seem as though the stall door latch is broken and one must find a way to hover, hold the door shut, and avoid peeing all over themselves?
Addendum 2 (courtesy of Brenda, who also has 2 blogs):
Who designed the sinks to angle in such a perfect way that if you turn on the water, it sprays right to your groin? |
posted by Cheshire Cat @ 3/18/2006 04:21:00 am   |
|
| 15 teabag(s) brewed: |
-
And why are you spending so much time in restrooms ? I agree that the endless primping and preening of some chicks is pretty amusing though...
-
It's not that I spend a lot of time in restrooms; it's that when I do need to go, that some of these issues arise. :-P
As for the primping and preening, so many of these ladies would look much better without the layers of makeup.
-
I don't like using public loos, T. They repulse me. If you ever see me in one, you'll quite possibly write about the obsessive compulsive weirdo you noticed.
-
please add to your list:
why does it always seem as though the stall door latch is broken and one must find a way to hover, hold the door shut, and avoid peeing all over themselves...
-
Frankly, dear Fuff, I'm not fond of public loos myself, especially as they tend to be very grotty, but when nature calls and you can't deny her...
I also can't avoid using the workplace toilet, but at least there, the women generally won't hog the mirrors too much. They'll usually move to one side so others can get to the sinks; in the public toilets, there might be limited space, but most women don't even bother to make an effort to give access. Makes me rather want to take their lipsticks and scrawl over their faces. But I'm not bitter. ;-)
Hullo, Amy, thank you! I will most certainly add faulty and broken latches to the list. Can't understand how I could have forgotten that item when I, too, have had to do assorted juggling as you. Very undignified, awkward, and mortifying, indeed!
-
"Can you spare a square?"
-
Certainly, you may have a square, Doc... a square of what? Toilet paper? Sure you don't want the whole sheet from that corner? Not sure that a square would help you much.
A square of soap? Absolutely! In fact, please, please, please take the entire bar!
A square of mirror? Why, Doc! I had no idea how much men preen as well! Oh, wait, I have a brother who was a teen many moons ago...
A square of floor? Goodness! Are we sharing the loo?! Oh! Sorry! Didn't know anyone was in the men's room! I'll be leaving now. Right away! Um, after I hog the sink and wash my hands, thanks.
-
My daughter has a good rule of thumb for restaurants - if there is no soap in the bathroom dispenser you don't want to eat at that restaurant.
Little known fact if the urinals are all taken, remember the sink drain leads to the same place the pipe in the toilet does...
-
I agree with your daughter, Phosgene Kid; in fact, my mother and I have 2 restaurant rules:
1. If the restroom is filthy, we don't go back.
2. Mum and I love our tea (hot or iced tea), and we drink a lot of it, whether it's free or charged per glass. If the servers don't refill our cups regularly (to save them wear and tear, we usually request a pitcher, but most restaurants don't serve in pitchers these days), they only get the basic tip.
(That's 15% or so, gentle readers, so please don't be getting your knickers in a twist or send me hate mail; unless the service is downright terrible, something quite rare, we don't tip below 15%)
-
Oh, ah, the pipes. Yes, I knew about the pipes, PK.
I was thinking along the lines of hygiene... food, restroom. Food. Restroom.
Ick.
-
-
I think they have the biffy so close to the kitchen so that if bad tippers come back to the restaurant the server has somewhere to put them. Always leave a nice tip or you will have a view of the bathroom door.
-
In college, I used to wait tables in the summers and weekends, so I know how much hard work it is from the other side of the menu.
I generally leave around 18%-20% tip; if the service wasn't anything special, the tip is usually 15%-16%. Only 2 or 3 times in my life have I left less than 15%, and in those cases I left 10%.
-
All great questions. The answer? People are nasty. Here is an addendum question: Who designed the sinks to angle in such a perfect way that if you turn on the water, it sprays right to your groin?
-
Excellent point, Bren! I've had my share of crotch and belly shots. No doubt there are hidden cameras near the sinks to catch the outraged and astonished grimaces as well!
Scurvy knaves! *shaking fist in the air*
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
And why are you spending so much time in restrooms ? I agree that the endless primping and preening of some chicks is pretty amusing though...